Senior Client Project Manager
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
The Anthology Education Services Team works with clients to deliver technology and consulting solutions that address a wide variety of business and technology challenges. Our project managers and delivery consultants deliver many standard and custom solutions that extend, enhance, and integrate Anthology's solutions across the client education enterprise.
A successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, interfacing directly with clients daily, often on multiple concurrent engagements.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Directing and monitoring all activities for a project portfolio of medium to large, low- to high-risk projects from initiation to delivery. Accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined scope(s) of work as indicated by customer satisfaction, quality of products and/or services provided, level of profitability attained, and other such measures as may be designated
- Serving as primary customer contact and managing overall company customer relationships for defined scope(s) of work to ensure responsiveness to customer needs and effective professional conduct
- Providing high level of project and client management guidance to consulting staff and executive management as needed to successfully deliver projects; performing as a lead project manager on advanced custom projects that require flexible delivery approaches in support of resolving project issues that would critically impact performance, schedule, or cost
- Developing project schedules and documentation; defining and assigning work to consultants assigned to project; monitoring and controlling work in progress for technical adequacy and alignment with project requirements; and providing active assistance to project team to meet schedules and resolve complex technical or customer requirements
- Providing consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, significant issue management and resolution reporting, and communication with clients and internal teams
- Establishing metrics and monitoring progress to assure contract compliance, customer satisfaction, and attainment of company commitments and objectives; reporting progress to appropriate levels of management and customers
- Adhering to established delivery methodology, quality standards and best practices in project management
- Developing strong customer contacts and client management techniques that help define solutions for customer needs, leading to potential new business for Anthology. Actively identifying additional/expanded opportunities with existing customers
- Mentoring and coaching project management team as assigned to improve delivery performance and to encourage skills development
- This role requires approximately 25% travel
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited higher education institution or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of proven experience in program or project management of large, complex systems implementations and integrations, including direct external client interaction and leading change management efforts or equivalent experience working in a consulting organization
- Background in leading projects that involve a diverse set of technologies, including web-based systems, SAAS environments, and enterprise-level systems supporting critical needs of clients
- Proven experience/ability to establish successful communications plans with client executives, including the ability to interface with and present directly to C-level executives
- Strong people/team management skills – ability to provide direction/leadership to others as a project lead and/or a functional/technical specialist
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong project team, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in and lead geographically distributed virtual teams and to build relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, ability to work independently and to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and short- and long-term planning experience
- Strong client relationship skills – ability to partner with technical as well as project leaders from client organizations to drive overall solution, manage issues/risks/dependencies and facilitate schedule/scope conversations
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Experience in the education industry, including the implementation of e-learning technologies and education administration systems
- Proficiency in any or all of the following areas:
- Online course design and development, including content and digital asset management
- Implementation of large-scale change management programs involving multiple constituencies within educational institutions
- Understanding of the management of the full student lifecycle within education institutions, including systems and processes
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA